Hi all & welcome to 2014! And whilst on the ‘festive high’ let me share some highlights of 2013. Some may connect and some not so here goes…
• Mama Kin live at Greenethorpe with Microwave Jenny…what a night!!
• Driving Mama Kin around in the Kombi…oh yeah…that’s Rock n Roll!!
• The Revolution Blend was born
• The Kombi Blend wins its 2nd silver medal
• Meeting two very personal inspirational heroes, Australian music legends Paul Kelly and John Butler, and chatting of all things coffee!
• Listening to my eight year old daughter Sienna belt out her new passion, drums, Meg White style
• Gabrielle (my beautiful wife people) telling me that the Waifs Sisters, Vicki & and Donna Simpson are gigging again in 2014 as “The Stray Sistas”… Lovin’ that!
• Visiting Uluru and connecting with the true custodians of our beautiful land and learning about our true heritage. The Aboriginal flag now hangs proudly in the Art of Espresso roast house as a nod of respect to our Indigenous brothers and sisters past and present
• Monte’s Lounge in Alice Springs… a must visit hangout
• Alice Springs
• Scoring Coopers Beer as a sponsor of our live gigs at Art of Espresso
• 50 years of Rolling Stones… it’s still only rock n roll but we bloody love it!!!
• Having the opportunity to reconnect with my beautiful family from our trip to Central and South Australia
• Our new healthy and super tasty food lunch items… a big winner!
• Watching our dedicated team of baristas at Art of Espresso develop into true professionals… what a buzz
• The Deborah Conway gig held in July at Exile Live on 35 Main St – aka Art of Espresso
• Celebrating 20 awesome years married to Gabrielle in October at a Xavier Rudd gig in Melbourne with some very close friends
• Mazzy Star’s new record…well with the ‘too’ long wait
• Connecting with all you groovy caffeine cats through coffee, chats and laughter… big thanks and hugs for being such an integral part of it all!
• And just sometimes pulling over and realising that every day of our precious lives can potentially be a highlight… may it continue
As music and coffee are a big part of the DNA here at Art of Espresso and we are incredibly excited to announce the 1st gig for 2014.
Live on Saturday February 8th is BILL CHAMBERS.
Tickets $40 pp and on sale from Wednesday 8th January at Art of Espresso.
The great man returns to 35 Main St Young to play his unique sound of Alt Country Blues and Roots. This is a gig not to be missed!
Bill still talks about the last gig he did here more than 18 months ago as one of his personal favourites. This was told to an Australia wide audience on ABC radio national…I’m feelin’ the love people.
So get your dates booked out for the 8th Feb & show your support for Australian Independent Live Music & grab yourself a live music intimate treat. Hope to see you all there!
May I extend to you all a heartfelt thanks on behalf of my family and extended family at Art of Espresso for your continued support and support of our Human Beans 4 Peace Foundation in 2013 simply by enjoying our coffee… for that we say a massive THANK YOU!
And may your 2014 be filled with peace, love, life and laughter…and coffee.
Respect & Hugs